Tuesday, June 16, 2009

PIG HUNTING BABY...Steph's first animal ever shot by a bow!!

Justin and I heading out bright and early for our pig hunt!!! We drove up past Tremonton where there were wild pigs and bighorn sheep we were hunting for!

Since I was the only girl with 5 men hunters all hunting they were all so gentlemanly and let me take the first shot at the first pig we saw. We snuck up to these 2 pigs that were running by the side of a river (which was partially frozen...the middle wasn't quite frozen but the edges were). We quietly crouched around the bend, I raised my bow, and let the arrow fly! PERFECT SHOT!!! Right where you wanna hit it....right in the vitals! The pig didn't drop right away, he actually ran out onto the river!! We were hoping he wouldn't go through the ice! Luckily he made his way back to the side without going through the ice and we claimed him!!I even helped clean out the pig! a girl who's not affraid of getting her hands dirty gutting a pig! (it just stunk a little that's all)
One of the other hunters, Will, who shot the mother-load! His pig was 500 lbs!! The one I shot was a little 300 pounder! Still, they were no little, pink, curly-tailed piggies....only black, hairy and ugly instead!!



No comments:

Post a Comment